Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday, 1st December 2009



This Ones for me.




Grief: RSM Darren Chant’s widow Nausheen, at the Guards Chapel. She is expecting their first child in February

I came across this image as i was reading the Evening Standard today on my way to university. A picture hasn't stuck me like this in quite some time. I don't know what it is about this women, but I felt like I knew her pain. After reading that she had only been married a matter of months, and that she was expecting her first born child, really humbled me.
What an awful thing to happen. Christmas is nearly here, but her husband wont be.

This makes me frightened of life even more than I already am. Life does go on, and stories like these remind me of all the things in my life that I have to be grateful for, and should learn to appreciate more! Life is scary, but there are things that soften the blow to make it not so. I should probably remember this.


Live. Love. Appreciate.



2 comments:

  1. oh emily I LOVE YOU!

    very touching :) sounds i feel cheezy but i'll comment anyways. Things like this make me glad I know about after life and can be sealed forever, for eternity. I have no doubt in my mind that this women can be with her husband again but I feel sad if she has any doubts in her mind. :( I know if something happens there will be a peace with my deep deep sadness that can comfort me just a little but that little is worth so much. It is worth living the best I can to return to the ones i love.

    ok NOW i feel really cheezy..... LETS talk again soon?!? I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emily, there's no pain like the pain of grief. You're right - let's appreciate what we have before it's taken from us. X

    ReplyDelete